February 22: Happy Anniversary to me! Yes, it has been 31 years since I started my quest to become organized. I didn’t even know what it was that I needed to do, I only knew I needed to do something. Often times we are so “caught up” in the day to day of things that we don’t stop to actually think about how we could improve our lives. Well, on that day I did stop.
Here’s what I have learned since that day:
- People are much more important than how your home looks.
- There’s always a way to improve something if you take time to think about it.
- SYSTEMS can always help (A process or series of actions you do to complete a task in an organized manner).
- There is no ONE right way to organize – you have to find what works for you (and it may take several tries).
- Keep it simple – the fewer steps the better.
- Organization feels good!
- Maintenance is key. That’s when you go back and redo or tweak your system. Ex: reorganize the closet…take it back to the point it was when you finished organizing it the first time.
- You have the solutions inside you…but you just might need someone else to help pull them out of you.
An Organizer Coach, like me, has a combination of skills to help you understand yourself, guide you to solve your own challenges and help you create systems to get organized – all at the same time. Call or email me to find out how I can be of help to you.
Phone: (781) 659-0513